Seattle Hebrew Academy is seeking a Director of Educational Support (Director of the Gesher Program). This is a new program and position for our school.
Description of the Need
Seattle Hebrew Academy (SHA) is a Full-Time Jewish Day School and our school has been serving the PreK - 8th grade educational needs of the families of the Seattle Jewish Community for 75 years. Our enrollment is 170 students (120 students in K-8) and is growing. Our school seeks to educate every Jewish student who wants an SHA education. Despite the robust special educational services that our school offers, a number of students who would like to attend SHA and who have special educational needs are either unable to attend the school or attend SHA but are not provided the right types of support to thrive.
We seek a Director who will launch this program to better serve these students and families. Serving these students and families will look different in different cases and will include case management, advisory services for teachers, parents and students, bridge building with other local specialized schools, creative scheduling and many other ways. Summary of Position
Under the direction of the Head of School and in collaboration with the Principal, the Director of Educational Support is responsible for the leadership, coordination and advancement of the School’s Gesher Program which serves students with special educational needs. The Director must be conversant in General Education and must understand the school’s unique mission. Judaic Studies expertise is a plus. The Director of the Educational Support plans, implements, and supervises special education programs and all related student support services in a multi-tiered system of support framework.
Because this is a new program and position, we seek a candidate with the vision to see something that does not currently exist, the tenacity to advance that vision and the cooperative spirit to work as a team member within an organization that is currently operating effectively.Duties and Responsibilities
Plans and implements program goals and objectives for each student who is receiving services from the learning and behavioral support center.
Applies current research based best practices to ensure that all individuals with exceptional needs are appropriately identified, assessed, and provided appropriate education programs and services designed to meet their unique needs.
Works directly with students in one-on-one, small group settings and within the classroom setting.
Works with teachers to deliver curriculum based on IEPs, 504b plans and other learning needs and plans.
Provides ongoing support, professional development and in-service training to teachers and staff.
Schedules student services personnel, in collaboration with the Principal.
Participates in the selection of Educational Support personnel.
Help bridge communication between students, teachers, and parents to ensure effective outcomes of learning plans and strategies.
Performs regular reviews of the program, methodology, curriculum and/or procedures as necessary.
Provide meaningful consultation to parents regarding student progress and student concerns.
Leads or participates in IEP meetings, discussions, and parent meetings.
Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to student services
Disseminates information regarding special education to staff, students, parents, and the community.
Develops and maintains liaison with Public Schools as well as other evaluators and providers
Analyzes and secures contracted services and provides oversight.
Works with State and Federal Agencies to receive funding and services as well as implementation of Title I services.
Serves as the custodian of special education records.
Maintains appropriate confidentiality.Qualifications
Master’s degree in Special Education plus additional coursework required for licensure and endorsement as Special Education Director.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field of special education, with leadership experience in serving special education programming and students, including a minimum of 3 years of special education teaching experience
Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience preferred
Knowledge of State and Federal legislation as it relates to Special Education
Knowledge of budget and funding requirements for Special Education
Skill in the establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Google (docs, sheets, forms, drives), and data management environments
Skill in working with diverse individuals and handling situations with tact, diplomacy and discretion
Knowledge of various special education learning modalities/educational philosophies
Demonstrate the highest standards of honesty, integrity, flexibility, and responsiveness
Ability to be proactive and innovative
Ability to build strong teams to meet performance goals
Experience compiling and presenting reports to stakeholders
Professional oral and written communication skills in English, including academic report writing
$80,000 - $95,000
SHA would consider hiring an Educational Support Coordinator who will grow into a Director position. The job description and salary of this Coordinator would be negotiated based on the qualifications of the candidate.
For more information or to apply, please contact Head of School, Rabbi Benjy Owen at [email protected]
or 206-323-5750.SEATTLE HEBREW ACADEMY – JUDAIC STUDIES TEACHING POSITIONS
Seeking experienced Judaic Studies teachers for 3rd and 4th grades
. Candidates should have mastery in Torah studies. Candidates should be highly motivated to grow professionally, work collaboratively and to becoming part of our professional learning community.
Seattle Hebrew Academy is a Modern Orthodox Jewish Day School, serving the greater Seattle community for over 70 years. SHA provides exceptional academics and inspired Judaic Studies to students from Early Childhood through 8th Grade.
Seattle Hebrew Academy supports teacher growth and development through professional mentoring, peer mentoring, professional development, teacher collaboration and opportunities for growth.
Primary skills and responsibilities:
• developing a learning environment that is conducive to learning and inspires student
• creating organized
lesson plans where students are encouraged to engage in inquiry: ask thoughtful questions, discover answers, apply what they learn, and problem-solve creatively
• continually assess
student achievement with a variety of methods and modalities toward mastery of standards and keep students and parents informed of student progress
• differentiating instruction
according to student needs and abilities; provide accommodations and modifications to support the success of all students
• possessing the knowledge
to deliver innovative and personalized instruction designed to maximize student learning;
with partner teachers
• participating in department, school and parent meetings
effectively with parents, students and colleagues;
• participating in school-wide professional development,
and seek continual feedback and coaching to develop as a teacher
Should have a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Education, Judaic Studies, Hebrew, or other pertinent field. Candidates should be comfortable in English and Hebrew. A Master's degree and or five or more years of experience would be laudable.
We thank all applicants in advance!
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected]
– Subject Line: Judaic Position Compensation
: Our Competitive Compensation Packages include Full Tuition and medical benefit and Judaic Studies salaries range beginning at $65,400-$66,747 or higher depending on experience! Early Childhood Education Teacher
We're looking for a passionate and compassionate Early Childhood Teacher to join our team! You must have a passion for teaching young children and enjoy working with families. Our school needs someone who is willing to provide guidance to students and help them succeed. The children in our Early Childhood Center range in age from 1-5 years.
• Follow the instructions and guidelines given by the school's administration.
• Teach social and emotional learning.
• Teach academic skills.
• Relate to other teachers and caregivers at the school.
• Provide a safe environment for children to learn in.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 - $24.00 per hour
Contact JaVohn Perry[email protected]Middle School Science / STEM Teacher
Passionate about Science? Seeking to become part of a team dedicated to developing young minds in a joyful academic setting? K-8 private school located in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood is seeking a qualified Science / STEM teacher to fill a full-time or part time position.
As a Science / STEM Teacher in our Middle School, you will have the opportunity to work with students in Sixth through Eighth Grades. Successful candidates must hold a current WA state teaching certificate, have a minimum of two years of successful classroom teaching experience, demonstrate effective communication skills, have strong Science content knowledge, can set up and execute weekly labs that align with the curriculum including robotics and STEM, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Seattle Hebrew Academy, a Modern Orthodox Jewish Day School, has been serving the greater Seattle community for 70 years, by providing exceptional academics and inspired Judaic Studies to children from Early Childhood through 8th Grade. Seattle Hebrew Academy – founded on love of God & Torah – educates students, families, and community within an atmosphere of K’vod HaTalmid, student dignity.
We're looking for teachers who set high expectations for themselves and their students, who are eager to build an exciting hands-on Science program in a state-of-the-art Laboratory.
Primary responsibilities include:
• creating lesson plans
• assigning and grading class work, homework, tests and assignments
• collaborating with partner teachers
• creating a positive learning environment for students to learn
• observing and evaluating student performance
• knowledgeable in working with diverse learners and differentiating instruction
• participating in department, school and parent meetings
• performing other administrative duties.
• Teaches 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Science/STEM
• Monitors, stocks, and manages Design Lab
• Has one preparation period and one additional duty per day (e.g., study hall, lunch room, etc.)
• Participates in school related functions (e.g., Open Houses, Back to School Night, Commencement, etc.) as determined by the Head of School and Director of K 8
• Teaches advisory or elective
• Vigorously engages in his/her own professional development
• Establishes and cultivates community relations by maintaining open dialogue with all of the school’s constituencies
• Complies with all school policies
• Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or a related field from a four-year college or university required
• Master’s degree in Science or a related field preferred
• At least 2 years of successful teaching experience in an Upper School environment preferred
• Recent and successful teaching experience, particularly in teaching Science/STEM, is preferred
• 5+ years of successful teaching experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Competence in the content area and pedagogy for Middle School
• Good understanding of the developmental needs of Middle School students
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the students and program
• Energy and enthusiasm and ability to hold students and oneself to high expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to civic engagement, experiential education, and providing authentic opportunities for learning outside the classroom
• Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to create an active learning environment that supports understanding, passion and creativity in students
• Ability to prepare lessons to appeal to a variety of learning styles, needs and accommodations
• Ability to use formative assessments and strategies in the classroom
• Deep interest in being part of a community as a colleague and grade-level team member
• Experience being part of a curricular and co-curricular team preferred
• Educational leadership experience (team leader, department head, grade-level coordinator) preferred
• Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of faculty and staff
• Ability to work and communicate well with students and their parents
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Flexibility, maturity and a sense of humor
• Ability to work efficiently in a Microsoft Windows using Office, master common automated systems for record keeping, and learn new technology
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references.
We thank all applicants in advance. We will be contacting only those candidates invited for an interview.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package, contingent upon experience and education. Starting salary for well qualified candidates starting at $66,000.00.