SHA School Year 2022-2023
Policies, Procedures, and Protocols
After a year of navigating Covid-19, SHA has learned that conducting both in-person and remote learning for students is complicated and cumbersome. This year SHA is conducting in-person school. We are prepared to go to distance learning in the event that a class or the school needs to quarantine.
- Arrival time:
- 8:05 A-M
- 8:10 N-Z
- School Begins at 8:15
- Dismissal time:
- The first yellow curb is for EC families only. If you have an EC and K-8 child, you may use that curb as well. If the first yellow curb is full or you have a K-8 child only, pull up to the second yellow curb or the middle sections of the parking lot.
- At dismissal, EC parents, use your Brightwheel App to sign your child out of school (with a QR code from your child(ren’s) teacher).
- The speed limit is 5 mph as you enter the parking lot.
- Do not block the road by stopping to talk to other drivers on the street side of their cars or block the road waiting for a space in the drop-off lane. Be sure to follow the flow of traffic and stay in the designated lanes- no U-turns or passing cars that are not parked.
- Please be courteous if a staff member asks you to move your car to your designated spot
- Please do not get out of your car – we will bring your child(ren) to you
Late Students / Early Pickup
- Parents with students who arrive late (after the allotted drop-off time, 8:00-8:30) to SHA campus will notify an EC or K–8 point person through email (Javohn at email@example.com or an EC teacher, Kerri at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Susan at email@example.com) at least 30 minutes prior to arrival to ensure that someone can meet them at the door.
- Upon arrival, your carpool will be met by a staff member. (See above for drop off details.)
- Please honor the drop-off and pick-up times for your children. This ensures a smoother and safer process for the children and staff.
If you need to pick up your child early, please contact (Javohn at firstname.lastname@example.org, Kerri at email@example.com, or Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 30 minutes prior to arrival and we will have your child brought to the gate once you have arrived (please contact again when you are here).
SHA is adhering to guidelines mandated by the Washington State Department of Health. We are constantly reviewing policies and adjust as needed - the most recent Covid Guidelines are as follows:
- A student, child, or staff who tests positive for COVID-19 is required to isolate at home or where they are currently residing, regardless of vaccination status. The individual may return after 5 full days of isolation if they are asymptomatic, or their symptoms have improved, and they have had no fever for the past 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications. Upon return to school, the student will mask days 6 -10.
- If a household member tests positive for COVID – 19, they must notify Sandy or Kerri. Siblings may come to school if they are symptom free, feel well, test negative day 1, and then test again day 5. If, at any point, between the first day and day 5, the student becomes symptomatic, they must stay home and contact Sandy.
- To notify the school community, SHA will maintain a COVID-19 Dashboard which will show: date of positive case and grade. This Dashboard will be accessible to parents and staff.
- Overall, please keep your child(ren) home if they are sick!
CDC OSPI Re Opening Washington Schools httpsAmerican Academy of Pediatrics Guidance for School Re Entry Washington State Department of Health Written and Edited by:
Rivy Poupko Kletenik
With input from SHA’s Reopening Parent Task Force, SHA’s Health Team, SHA’s Board and Faculty and Staff